DC Timing – Phase II – Social Distance Compliant Racing
as of July 31, 2020
(as social distancing guidelines continue to change, we will make changes to this policy [future phases])
- Bibs distributed on site, by wave group (instructions in pre-race email)
- Mailed post race
- Mailed post race – (announced at post race FBLIVE)
- Race w Timing
- Groups of 45 maximum
- Be prepared to self support water and nutrition.
- HTJ will have non contact nutrition table
- Restrooms available beginning July 1
- Pre-Assigned runners should be at check in area 10 minutes before each start time to get bibs (pins too). Please wear masks while in this area, prior to start.
- Stay away from start area (designated by signage) until time to go.
- Communication can be made with timers via camera at “check in” area.
- Stay in car until 10 minutes before start time. Do not warm up on course or near start line
- Wear race bib on the front of you shirt, clearly visible.
- Stand on designated start marks and maintain social distancing. When start time arrives, begin running course, making sure to cross start line.
- While running be courteous and cautious when nearing/passing other people. Try to maintain at least 6’ boundary around others.
- After finishing, place mask on face as soon as practical. Return to your car, and do not mingle with other participants (that are not in your group)
- Race with RaceJoy
- RaceJoy is a free phone app that uses GPS to locate and track you during your race. Available for IPhone and Android go to www.dcracetiming.com/rj for a short intro video.
- To be considered for age group awards, participants must run on one of the pre-determined courses. Please go to www.dcracetiming.com/rj for a list of available courses, a short narrative of the route, and course map.
- To be eligible for Age Group awards runners must compete in the “In Person” racing event.
- Runners should maintain all current social distancing guidelines while participating.
- Scheduled start times are not necessary if using Racejoy.
- As of this time, no spectators will be allowed. Finish line will be live streamed over FaceBook Live.